I read a fabulous blog post a month or so ago, over on Coco Rose Diaries ( http://cocorosetextiles.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/ten-random-facts.html ) which had ten random facts about the blogger. I really enjoyed reading it, and thought it was such a simple yet super idea! So here come my own ten random facts.
1. I bought my first pair of ‘serious’ trainers in fifteen years the other day, being as I have started running. They are absolutely amazing and solved all my shin splints problems!
These are the ones I have! They are actaully mens, but they were more comfortable.
2. I am currently watching Michael Palin’s New Europe on TV. I really enjoyed this series so I was glad to stumble across it on the Travel channel this evening. I’ve never been hungry to travel, but just lately I seem to have got the itch. I’d love to visit Russia, that’s number 1 on my list. I know its a bit morbid, but I’d like to visit the room where Rasputin was murdered!
Obviously that is Alan Rickman as Rasputin, I’m not completely dense. But any opportunity to sneak in a bit of Rickman! ;)
3. Following on slightly from the above fact, I would love to learn to speak Russian, and a few years back I taught myself the Russian alphabet. I used a few sources on the net for this, one being a clip from Russian Sesame Street!
4. I bought a second hand bike yesterday. I intended to do some ‘easy’ cycling to build some fitness in a lower impact fashion. I have to say though I am finding it terribly hard going! You may never forget HOW to ride a bike, but you sure do lose the fitness! I have actually found the run and walk easier!
The bike I have is just a basic, kind of rusty mountain bike in silver and purple. But I’d love to get good enough at riding it that it would be worth saving up for something as beautiful as this ->
5. I have a profile on Day Zero Project. If you’ve never been on there, just Google it and go explore. Basically, its an online way of making ‘Bucket List’ type of goals. I haven’t set myself any targets that are too outlandish because I would like them to be things that are do-able in my life, rather than it just being a list of dreams.
One of the first goals I completed was to walk up to Glastonbury Tor. It was an amazing day and an amazing acheivement.
6. I love Facebook and Pinterest, but find Twitter strange.
7. I really like good quality art/drawing apps. I love the amazing artistic effects that can be achieved. David Hockney did an whole exhibition of pieces he ‘painted’ on the app ‘Brushes’.
There’s the David Hockney above, and following is my own humble attempt.
8. About five years ago I made a list of 50 novels I would like to read. I chose a wide range, including old and modern, lesser and better known. I still, of course, haven’t read them all, but I have got through a fair few. It’s funny you know, because I made a point of including books that I would never usually give a second glance, and have still really enjoyed most of them. There have only been two that I couldn’t finish.
A suprisingly un-put-down-able read was Fathers and Sons, which I LOVED.
And less to my tastes, was Housekeeping. It’s a beautifully written and perfectly atmospheric novel, but I found it too slow and bleak for my liking.
I’ll put my list up on a separate page if you’d like to see it…. check up on the menu bar shortly! :)
9. I am so obsessed with Harry Potter that certain phrases when I hear them, cue my brain to complete them in my mind in Harry Potter style. For example I heard on the radio just yesterday- “The Minister for….” and my head says “MAGIC”! Also, and this may have been on the very same radio bulletin, “A representative for the misuse of….” and my head screamed “MUGGLE ARTIFACTS OFFICE”. If anyone ever mentions “Red hair and pale complexion”, I think “Must be a Weasley”. Also, I quite often find myself saying “Sirius-ly” instead of “seriously”.
10. I am really rather tired and sleepy at present, so I think it may be time for a Jaffa cake to fuel my journey up the stairs to bed.
Night all! xxx